We cover all the bases when it comes to your law school applications. Moreover, we understand that each person has unique needs and objectives. While some of our clients want to leave no stone unturned, others prefer to focus on a specific aspect of the admissions process. It’s up to you.
These are just some of the many services we offer our clients:
- Law School Selection: Too many people put the cart before the horse. Before you can start the law school application process, we recommend that you take your time evaluating the law schools that are most suited to your skills and objectives. A great fit for a colleague might not be the right school for you. We can help you explore all of your options (and there are plenty), whether it is a J.D. or LL.M. program or a full-time versus part-time curriculum. Above all, we will give you a professional and unbiased opinion of your prospects for success in applying to law school.
- Admissions Strategies: As your consultant gets to know you, you will work together to plan and execute a customized admissions strategy, tailor-made for your background, interests, and goals. This strategy will focus on mitigating your weaknesses and highlighting your strengths.
- Essays: There’s nothing like having a sympathetic, and sharp, pair of eyes look over anything you write before you share it with the outside world. We will ensure that your application essays reveal the real you and convey your unique potential as a future lawyer. Please note that, while we are more than happy to comment on the content of your essays and to review them for grammar, punctuation and sentence structure, we won’t write essays or draft outlines for you. It would be unethical – and it wouldn’t increase your chances of gaining admission. In fact, ‘bought’ essays are likely to do a law school candidacy far more harm than good. An effective essay tells the admissions committee about you – and only you can tell your unique story in adequate detail. What we will do is work with you to help you draw out and articulate your accomplishments and your ‘story,’ so that you write essays that set you apart from the competition. Our insider’s knowledge of the admissions process also enables us to help you write effective responses to such dreaded questions as “Why do you choose to pursue law school?”, “Why now?” and “How can you contribute to the diversity at our school?”
- Interviews: Let’s admit it: interviews can be nerve-wracking, even for the most self-assured of us. We will help you allay your performance fears and prepare yourself for your interview as fully as possible. You’ll learn what to expect, how to prepare, what to say, how to say it and more. In some instances, we will have you conduct a mock interview with one of our consultants, in conditions that simulate those of a real interview. (Remember, all of our consultants have actually sat on admissions committees – they know what goes on in an interview room, and after.) We will advise you on what aspects of your performance could be improved, and how. We always conduct mock interviews with an impartial consultant (not the client’s regular consultant), in order to give you a more genuine sense of the process.
- Career Counseling: You want to make the most of your time, efforts and investment. AdmissionsConsultants knows the law school process inside and out. We know how to navigate through the applications and acceptance process, and beyond. We can give insight into what different employers seek in law school graduates, so you can make the most of your degree after graduation.
- Pre-admissions Consulting: Timing is everything. Perhaps now isn’t the right time for law school. You can still benefit from researching your future options and thinking about what you want to be able to do in a few years. We work with individuals who want to position themselves now, so they can maximize their admissions prospects a few years down the road. We’ll talk to you about course selection, job changes, networking opportunities, extracurricular activities, and more, and how they can bolster your success later.
- Miscellaneous Services: We believe all applicants deserve the services of a firm that can cover all aspects of the admissions process, so nothing is left to chance. In addition to the host of services we offer, we also provide assistance with the following:
- LSAT test – To re-take or not to re-take? That is the question… Along with many more, such as whether to prepare for the test through self study, with the help of a tutor, or with a review course.
- Letters of Reference Guidance – The dying art of good reference letter writing and why it still matters.
- Moral Support – No one should have to go it alone. We’re here for you! Like the overnight delivery services – be it sun, rain, sleet or snow, you can be sure that AdmissionsConsultants delivers on its promises.